Tips of the Trade
- Don't put computers or valuables too close to windows as these could be taken through a broken pane without setting off the alarm. If you must have your computer close to a window, pull the curtain so it can't be seen from the outside, or get an extra sensor fitted to your alarm, which targets the specific area.
- If you are going away for a few days always put valuables in a room with a detector in it.
- Clear all cobwebs, spiders and insects away from sensors to avoid false alarms.
- Ensure nothing is obstructing the view of your detectors. They must have a clear view of the room to give correct detection.
- Always set your alarm system, even if you are leaving the house for a short time. Most burglaries occur when people are picking up or dropping off their children at school.